Since yesterday morning, our great tit has increasingly been bringing animal hair and other plush material into the nest.
This is a sign that she has brought enough moss and is now collecting the material for the hollow in which she will later lay the 6-8 eggs.
Unfortunately, there are more long animal hairs again this year. I don’t want to hope that this will become a problem and the chicks will get tangled in the long hairs.
If the great tit doesn’t spend the night in the nest box tonight, I might trim the hair a little with the scissors.
Now we have to wait for the first night that our great tit spends in the box. Because that means that her first egg will soon be in the nest.
Oh, I have one more positive observation: the neighbouring great tit has not yet been caught stealing nesting materials 😁
- Two nesting boxes with 2 cameras each
- 2 hedgehog houses with feeding and sleeping room and 2 cameras each
- Feeding station with 3 cameras, one controllable with 10x zoom
- Squirrel house with camera
- 24/7 live with Full-HD stream