It’s getting tighter and tighter in the nest box.
The little chicks now clearly look like little great tits. But somehow the little ones can’t separate themselves from their nest hole.
All eight are still squatting like sardines in the little hole. And that, when they would have a whole 225cm² of living space at their disposal.
I hope I don’t get into trouble one day for keeping too many birds in too small a space ??.
If nothing comes up, the little ones could leave the nest box as early as next weekend.
Usually, the great tits leave the nest box after about 16-21 days and are then cared for by the bird parents outside the nest box for another 14 days.
I am very happy that this year the rearing is going so well without any complications.
We may even be lucky enough to have a second brood.
As soon as the chicks have left the nest box, I will clean it and prepare it for a possible second brood.
- Two nesting boxes with 2 cameras each
- 2 hedgehog houses with feeding and sleeping room and 2 cameras each
- Feeding station with 3 cameras, one controllable with 10x zoom
- Squirrel house with camera
- 24/7 live with Full-HD stream