Completely unnoticed, our great tit laid its first egg in the nest this morning.
The great tits hide their clutch under the nesting material to protect it from possible predators. Therefore, you usually only have a chance to look at the clutch in the morning shortly after it is laid.
This morning, however, she was so fast with the hiding that one could not see anything.
Responsible for the “unmasking” was the thief tit, which has struck again today in our nesting box.
During one of her thieving tours, she involuntarily exposed the egg.
I will only hope that the stealing titmouse has stolen enough nesting material for her nest together and leaves our nest in peace. Not that when plucking out nesting material still something happens to the eggs.
So let’s keep our fingers crossed that everything goes well…
- Two nesting boxes with 2 cameras each
- 2 hedgehog houses with feeding and sleeping room and 2 cameras each
- Feeding station with 3 cameras, one controllable with 10x zoom
- Squirrel house with camera
- 24/7 live with Full-HD stream